Mission for God

Roman 1:16 "for I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." This is what I live by. Gods Word. I'm proud to be able to bring his message to everyone of you. I hope my blogs inspire and move you. However, I DONOT take credit for any of this. It's the power of the Holy Spirit, given to me by Jesus that is leading me.
My mission is to bring Gods Word and teach on Jesus recieving the Glory in all things we do. I pray my blogs will help increase everyones relationship with christ. Please feel free to comment onmy post. I hope for in depth conversations. If anyone feels like giving a donation then just click on an ad on my page. By clicking the Ads I recieve money. Thanks and God Bless you.

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Choose life in Christ

   Deut. 30:19 says, " This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. " What is life? This is a riddle God has given us the answer to. He has to told us to choose to live for him. He never said he was gonna make us do it. It's our choice. Yet so many of us don't adhere to it and chose to live our own way.
   Everyone one of us has been tempted by sin. But no matter how strong the temptation is God has given us the victory through his son Jesus. The power of Christ, which is in us, which we have inherited through his blood and acceptance of him as our Lord and savior, has the power to overcome Every single sin we are faced with. It's up to us to listen and obey that still, small voice inside us. That voice is the Holy Spirit who God has gave to us. He is there to lead and guide us into Righteousness.
   1John 3: 7-9 say, "7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
     So knowing we have the power to overcome sin because God's seed lives in us should give us pure joy and confidence that we can overcome any temptation!  He goes on to say in Deut 30:11-14, "11Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." We have the Word of God. The power to obey God comes from hearing and reading his word. Thats why he said it's near us, in our mouth and hearts. So do what joshua 1:8 tells us and meditate on his words day and night. He says then your ways will be good and prosperous.
   The answer to the question I asked in the first chapter is simple. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the LIFE. Jesus came that we may have life. So when God is saying choose life, he is saying choose his son Jesus. Choose to live for him. Choose to cast off your old ways and walk in a way that is pleasing to him. Choose to have Faith in Him no matter how bad the situation looks. Thats what choosing life means.
   Always ask yourself everytime you set out to do something, what am I doing this for? Are my actions pleasing to Jesus? How is Jesus being Glorified in my actions? Would Jesus do what I am about to do? If you are being convicted by your spirit, which is the Holy Spirit, then you know you are wrong. Your conscience is your way out. But it's up to you to decide what action to take. Please know that If you will submit to him you CANNOT fail.
   I began with a question, so I will end with a question. Joshua 24:15 says, "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." I choose Life and to live for Jesus. So my question for you today is, "will you choose to live for jesus? Will you choose LIFE?

No comments:

Post a Comment